To Download a Copy of the 2015-2018 Strategic Plan Click Here
Working with stakeholders and partners to promote and improve health and safety in Health and Community Services workplaces.
We believe that:
- A healthy and safe workplace is every person’s right.
- All workplace injuries are preventable.
- Every person has a role and responsibility for workplace health and safety.
Our vision for Health and Community Care in Nova Scotia:
- Safe and healthy people; safe and healthy workplaces.
Our core values guide our work with partners and stakeholders:
We strive for every person to be a leader in health and safety in their workplace, and together be accountable for promoting change to the health and safety culture.
We are accountable by making transparent, evidence-based decisions that lead to value-added health and safety outcomes.
We encourage collaboration by engaging and enabling all stakeholders to work together, sharing knowledge and expertise.
We recognize diverse needs by building trust, and respect and valuing everyone’s contribution.
We support every person to have the courage to make health and safety a priority in their workplace.
- Provide leadership to Support a Positive and Sustainable Culture of health and Safety.
- Build Health and Safety Capacity through Programs and Training.
- Foster and enhance Relationships and Partnerships to Support Success.