A Provincial focus on workplace injury prevention
In Greek mythology, Soteria was the Goddess of safety and preservation from harm. We couldn’t think of a better symbol to represent work focused on improving the safety of health care workers and those we serve.
Soteria strategies will focus on improving our culture in healthcare, and promoting a culture of safety and well-being for all.
Soteria Strains is focused on musculoskeletal injury prevention (strains and sprains). In 2011, almost 80 percent of all time loss claims reported to the Workers’ Compensation Board of Nova Scotia (WCB) by health care workers were musculoskeletal injuries (Strains) and more than 50% of these Strains were the linked to some type of manual lift or transfer task (WCB NS, April 2011).
Consultation and Feedback Reports
- Soteria Strains Perception Survey Report
- Soteria Strains – Findings and Recommendations (from Face-to-Face Consultation Sessions)
- Musculoskeletal Injury Tracking and Prevention – Jurisdictional Review: Key Informant Interview
- Musculoskeletal Injury Tracking and Prevention – Jurisdictional Review: Literature Review
Program Guide Outline / Drafts
- Soteria strains whitepaper business case rational
- Soteria strains white paper Evidence based practice Review