BOARD RECRUITMENT NOTICE
Application Deadline May 13, 2016
The Nominating Committee of the board of AWARE-NS, the Nova Scotia Health & Community Services Safety Association, is seeking applications for the following Board positions that will become available at the Annual General Meeting, September 29, 2016:
- 1 for facility based long term care (Department of Community Service funded);
- 1 Acute Care;
- 1 Member at Large
Our Vision is “Safe and healthy people; safe and healthy workplaces”. Our focus is prevention and our mission is to work with stakeholders and partners to promote and improve safety and health in health and community services workplaces.
Do you want to help make a difference by serving on our Board of Directors? We are seeking Directors to foster the growth and development of AWARE-NS and assist the Association in fulfilling its Vision
Specifically, we are looking for people who meet these criteria:
- Board Governance experience in organizations (public, private, non-profit);
- Critical, independent thinker with a strategic focus;
- An understanding of the health and community services sectors;
- A commitment to a strong workplace safety culture;
- Willing and able to commit the time necessary to prepare for and effectively participate in meetings;
- Demonstrated sense of community and individual responsibility and accountability.
It is anticipated that the Board will meet in person during working hours, at least four times per year and by teleconference as required, and that your commitment to the AWARE-NS Board will span at least three years. The meetings are estimated to require a full day of active participation and are of paramount importance. AWARE-NS will reimburse travel expenses if they are not covered through your sponsoring organization.
If you would like to receive additional information about AWARE-NS please contact Susan Dempsey, Executive Director via e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 902.832.3868, toll free 877.538.7228 or visit our website www.awarens.ca.
Completed applications can be submitted to the attention of Susan Dempsey via [email protected]