This work is a joint initiative between LSI and AWARE-NS. The work began in the homecare sector, which is now complete. We will be sharing the results from the homecare inspections at the COSP meeting in December.
The initiative has just wrapped up all the pilot long term care inspections, of which there were 11 facilities inspected. The initiative is now at the phase where an Occupational Health and Safety Officer may reach out to your long-term care organization to schedule an inspection.
The inspection will focus on the following focus areas:
- Internal Responsibility System
- Slips, trips and falls
- Safe handling and mobility
- Violence in the workplace
- Pandemic planning
The purpose of this collaborative initiative is to address the following issues:
- To increase Labour’s presence in the sector
- To assess and build understanding of legislative requirements
- To build relationships and a culture of safety compliance in the sector
- To ensure positive compliance outcomes in the sector
- For Labour to gain an understanding of issues faced by this sector