SECTION 5: EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
Your organization should have in place methods of handling sudden unexpected situations to reduce possible consequences of an emergency.
This section will provide:
- identification of potential emergency situations where there is risk of illness or injury;
- plans to respond to emergency situations and to prevent or mitigate any illness or injury;
- identification of the necessary resources to implement the plan effectively;
- periodic testing of emergency plans through drills and similar activities;
- periodic review and updating of procedure(s)
- communication with employees and provide training so that they can fulfill their duties and responsibilities with respect to the plans and procedures; and
- communication with contractors, visitors, relevant emergency response services, government authorities, and the local community, as appropriate.